Hmm..bet you are wondering what "pests" I am referring too. No, it is not the girls (LOL). As you know last night the family, yes, we ended up taking the girls too, anyways, we went to the hockey game. Go Bolts! So, our seats were amazing because we were about six rows back from the glass near the goal side. The players actually looked like adults and every sound made on the ice was magnified. It was amazing! However, one row behind us sat this "pest" and I use the term loosely, and this "pest" was loud and kept talking throughout the entire game. I could tune him out for the most part and enjoy the action taking place in front of us. Oh and did I tell you how close we were, so amazing, I saw my favorite player, Ryan Malone up close and personal when he slammed into the glass a few times, wow! So, the game progresses and adrenalin is flowing throughout the Forum, we score a goal, they score a goal, and by the end of the third period it is a tied game 2 to 2. We now are in OT (overtime), a few close calls on both sides and one time breath held when the opposing team tried to score one on us, but in the end it went to a "shoot out". By now almost everyone is chanting "Tampa Bay" and the Forum is on fire.
Okay, so here is where the "pest" now becomes a jerk! As the crowd is cheering "Tampa Bay" he proceeds to drop the "F" Bomb in reference to the home team. Now, I understand people come to games who are for the opposing team, and I am all for those types of spectators. Be passionate about your team, go crazy, however, be respectful. This jerk, however, was not cheering for the opposing team either. He was looking to start trouble, or make a name for himself, so he was downright disrespectful. Now mind you I have both my 15 year old and 6 year old right there in ear shot of him. Anyways, I did my best to ignore his presence and focus on the game. The "shoot out" was over and neither team scored so now we went into "sudden death", and yes, you know it we scored and won the game, oh and the winning goal was shot by none other than ...drum roll please..okay..Ryan Malone!!! So, the evil in me came out because I turned around as soon as he scored the goal and looked the jerk right in the face and said, "Tampa Bay, what!" Oh yea WINNER!!! Then walked off! My advice to all those people who go to sporting events just to cause trouble and be "pests", STAY HOME!
YOU GO GIRL!!! What a jerkoff! I would have said more! You are stronger then me! I am glad that they won! GO BOLTS!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing account of your night! I can actually visualize what happened. I don't know how you kept your cool!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJust one word, "the girls", well okay, so that was two words. Also I am sure he had one too many to drink, and I don't take good normal pictures, I could only imagine what I would look like in "mug shots". LOL
ReplyDelete