Thursday, January 13, 2011

Morning Routine

T
oday started out just as any other normal weekday. The alarm clock went off way to early and Meagan was the first one out of bed and getting into trouble. Normally I would be out of bed yelling and screaming for her to stop doing what she was doing and to get dressed; however, this morning it was too cold outside to get out of bed and tend to her, so I let her behavior go. She did end up getting dressed for school and brushing her hair without too much redirection. We then not so happily, on my part, make our way downstairs and finish the morning preparations for school. About twenty minutes later after getting bundled up in jackets we head to her bus stop. Not a long wait and her bus showed up almost on time. She looked back at me and waved as she got on her bus while talking to her girlfriend. I quickly made for home and was gearing up for round two, Samantha.

H
eaven help me, for she is like her mother when I was her age, fifteen. A team of wild horses could not drag me from my bed if I did not want them too. Unfortunate for me, Samantha is the same way, so waking her up in the morning for school is quite a chore. Needless, I pulled back her blanket to let the cold air kiss her good morning. She was up a few minutes later, not too pleased. I glanced at her, told her to get her morning list done and went back downstairs to enjoy my few minutes of quiet. As I was eating cereal and watching General Hospital, got to love DVR these days, she comes sluggishly downstairs. She worked on getting her books and lunch together and then she too was gone to start her day.

3 comments:

  1. My Sister! My Hero! You are truly a superwoman. Even with all that you have to endure...I am so glad that you have come up with a system that works for everyone. Now when you get home, remember that you promised to call your sister and have a cup of hot tea and warm up! I love you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Steph. Yes, Sam is like you. When you didn't want to get up to go to school, I think Dad had some cold water waiting to sprinkle on you....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How ironic..Chris has the same method for Samantha. He has a plastic bottle filled with water, so when she does not get out of bed he crinkles it by her ear. For the most part that seems to work for him and she gets out of bed. There has been a few times when he has had to use the water on her.

    ReplyDelete