Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Scale

The dreaded scale. I am a prisoner, I must admit. My day can start on a high or low depending on the number on that scale. I know logically that should not happen. However, when in my life has logic outweighed emotion. So, just as every morning the first thing I do is stand on the scale, and yes, wouldn't you know it, it says I've gained weight, 2 lbs to be exact. Now I now it is getting close to that dreaded time of month and my body is probably retaining some water, but still the numbers don't lie. Yesterday, I had all intentions of working out when I got home from work, but when I walked in the door my living room was cluttered, so I spent my energy cleaning it and then I made dinner. I was upset at the fact that I worked all day and then came home to pick up after the girls that my stubborn side set in and I did not do my workout. Guess one could call that self sabotage. I need to work on not letting myself get in my way. I have been researching other blogs that deal with weight loss struggles and it seems as if there is a common thread, people are posting daily goals. Something I had not thought of, so I am thinking about doing that. I have also noticed that people are posting pictures of their meals as well as posting what they ate. Both interesting concepts.

Tonight hubby and I are suppose to go to a hockey game. I try to make good food choices when we go out, but no doubt it will probably be late when we eat. My willpower usually is weakened by the smells as soon as we walk into the Forum, however, I am going to eat a healthy small meal before we leave, hopefully that will help some. I plan on doing a 20 minutes workout this afternoon as well. Let's see if I can keep those two goals for today.

3 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you how much I love and envy your self honesty? I do...your so selfless. I know how you feel abt the messes though. I'm sorry they don't help u more. As far as the two pounds...well proven fact ur body fluctuates 2 pounds day to day. I feel at times I am chained to the scale too! My day starts the same...but when I look at the numbers...I know for a fact I have only myself to blame....so I don't get upset..I just watch myself a lil more closely and make better food choices. Okay done rambling.... ur goals are wonderful...I know u will do them = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I am working out now on the Wii with Elle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great to hear. I have been working out using my Wii now for three days, and today I feel the pain :)

    ReplyDelete